1. The application process
• Online magnet applications are now open. Please click HERE
to register for all magnet/academy programs (Elementary, Middle, and High).
• The online applications will close at 5:00 p.m., February 16, 2024.
• Academy/Magnet programs and students are required to have all magnet entrance exams and/or auditions complete on February 23, 2024.
• Each parent and/or student will receive an email regarding his or her application status on March 8, 2024, after 5:00 p.m.
• Decisions will include a status of acceptance, waitlist, or denial.
• Offer decisions must be made by families by 11:59 p.m. on March 15, 2024, or the offer will be rescinded.
2. Magnet school program information
• Each school will provide information for students and parents to get a snapshot of their programs on their website.
• Schools with Magnet Programs will offer Open Houses and opportunities to explore their programs from November 13, 2023, through January 4, 2024.
• Information about each school’s magnet program can be viewed HERE
3. Important dates
• November 6: Magnet applications open.
• February 16: Magnet applications close.
• February 23: Last day to complete entrance exams and auditions.
• March 8 (After 5:00 p.m.): Magnet decisions will be emailed.
• March 15: Offer decisions must be made by 11:59 p.m. on this date or all offers will be rescinded after this time.
• March 19: Magnet schools may contact students on the waiting list through March 27.
*Any students new to the Muscogee County School District may continue to apply to any academy/magnet program after March 29, 2024. Acceptance must be approved by the Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction through the Academy/Magnet Enrollment Form. New students to Muscogee County may also apply during the regular Magnet Application window. Current MCSD students must apply through the Magnet Application online on the district timeline as outlined above.