Columbus, GA- In an effort to further increase transparency and provide clarity to its public stakeholders, the Muscogee County School District has updated its data points related to active COVID-19 cases to reflect school-based sites only. The data reflects information made available to the District from individual sources. Information is updated each Friday and accessible on the District’s COVID-19 website.
COVID-19 school-based active cases
Week of May 10 - 14, 2021
|Total enrolled students||31,259|
|Total in-person students||17,547|
The following individuals serve as part of the MCSD medical panel advising the District during the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Lewis David F – Superintendent
- Dr. Erik Heiss – Rivertown Pediatrics
- Terri Jordan – Acute Care Emergence PA
- Josephine Gosa – Epidemiologist
- Dr. Rebecca Reamy - Chief of Pediatrics at Piedmont Columbus Regional.
- Dr. Kathrine Cheek – Rivertown Pediatrics
- Brent Smith -Physician Assistant Rivertown Pediatrics
- Dr. Brandi Nelson – Department of Public Health Epidemiologist
- Gregory S. Ellington – General Legal Counsel
- Arleska Castillo – Chief Human Resources Officer